Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Those were the days..




..when worry was for the grown-ups

..when I did whatever I wanted to, said whatever I wanted to, went wherever I wanted to, ate whatever I wanted to (Not that I still don't)

..when 'cooking' meant only checking on what Mom was doing in the kitchen

..when friends meant more than family and my pet meant more than my siblings (Mickey still does :P)

..when every rupee saved contributed towards yet another Mills&Boons / Nancy Drew/ Sweet Valley University (Really??? I read THAT?) to my collection

..when birthdays were so much fun (They still are but for the candles SIGH!!)

..when we oohed and aahed over John Stamos (Without anyone thinking we'd lost it)

..when Oldies weren't really that old :P

..when chocolate cake, cheese, jalebis and gajar ka halwa could be gorged upon without a second thought

..when 'I'll see you at 6' meant I'd see you at 6 (Indian Stretchable Time wasn't invented yet, neither were mobiles)

..when what I said went and never returned

..when pink/maroon/green jeans weren't laughed at (The fact that they were 'Jeans' was big enough)

..when the rains meant jumping in puddles without worrying about wet clothes and dirty toes

1 comments:

Lobotrix said...

and when James Patterson was still readable... and his books came out not so often

Post a Comment