Since I need to get back into the rhythm of writing, which I've lost somewhere along the way, I decided this would be one of the first stops - trying to find what perks me up, puts me down, makes me smile, annoys the hell out of me...basically makes me ME.
I take no credit for these quotes - they are from people who've been able to verbalise exactly how they feel / felt which at this point of time happens to reflect how I feel. I just happened to come across them, liked them and compiled them here.
In no particular order, some of my favorites (I am sure I will find many more over time)
“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes,
I am out of control and
at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst,
then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
~ Marilyn Monroe
I am out of control and
at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst,
then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
~ Marilyn Monroe
I don’t have pet peeves, I have whole kennels of irritation
~Whoopi Goldberg
I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people
who annoy me
who annoy me
~Fred Allen
Winning may not be everything, but losing has little to recommend it.
~Dianne Feinstein
~Dianne Feinstein
“In three words I can sum up everything I've learned
about life: it goes on.”
about life: it goes on.”
~ Robert Frost
Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself
~ Harvey Fierstein
Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
Accept no one's definition of your life; define yourself
~ Harvey Fierstein
Throughout life people will make you mad, disrespect you and
treat you bad. Let God deal with the things they do,
cause hate in your heart will consume you too.
~ Will Smith
“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for
what you are not.”
what you are not.”
~ Andre Gide, Autumn Leaves
No man lives without jostling and being jostled; in all ways he has to
elbow himself through the world, giving and receiving offence.
~Thomas Carlyle
elbow himself through the world, giving and receiving offence.
~Thomas Carlyle
“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive
who is Youer than You.”
who is Youer than You.”
~ Dr Seuss, Happy Birthday to You
0 comments:
Post a Comment