Friday, September 30, 2011

random ramblings...Part 2

Remember when you were in school and wanted nothing better than to get out of there ... immediately?

Well, you got your wish, and 'life' happened...and if you are anything like me, you probably now yearn for those uncomplicated days when what was most important was ensuring you have all your books for the day in your bag, your homework's all done and you're - more or less - ready for the exams.



Then college happened, when your one dearest wish (of the many) must've been finding a set of friends you could hang around with who were cool (not cold), pray you wouldn't be ragged (those days, I am sure it wasn't as bad as now), and that Mom gives enough pocket-money (allowance) to cover travel and the occasional splurge (a sandwich at the canteen or college gate?). Today, pocket money no longer exists - children hold parents ransom for the amount they wish, or else...

Then came the working days - you'd think these were the best days of your life - after all you had your own money, were a 'grown up', could come and go as you please...but with targets, annoying clients, crazy deadlines and hectic schedules...tell me honestly you didn't wish for the good old school days.

There are more such milestones that some of us have crossed, some of us soon will, some of us have survived and lived to tell the story, some of us have given up mid-way... but, when, if ever, in life are we going to be happy? Truly happy with where we are in life... Is this wishing and hoping and yearning - either for something more or for something gone by - ever going to stop? Are we ever going to accept that this is the hand we've been dealt and we should play it as best as we can?

I know that up to a certain extent, I can happily say I am happy with where I am in life...and then I just have to bring in the killer word...BUT (and then here we go again...)

0 comments:

Post a Comment