It began as one of those days...where I needed a solid shot of strong coffee to even remember WHY I was in the kitchen, let alone think of looking for things I'd decided the previous night I just had to.
So, one mug of my favorite brew down, feeling more or less a human (hopefully looking like one, too), I decided it's time to look at what I'd need to take with me on my first 'vacation' since Allie..
And, WHAM! (In hindsight, had this happened before I had my coffee, I think the strong cuppa would have taken a back-seat) I realize that my 'seldom worn' wedding necklace (mangalsutra) is missing!! I couldn't for the life of me recall where I'd stashed it (the supposedly 'new' hiding place I'd surely remember!!) I checked in all the places that could've been the new 'safe' place, to no avail.
Convincing myself there was no need to panic (yet!) I tried to carry on with my promised visit to my parents' house, then to get some shopping in and then another cup of coffee (by now I was quite worked up, so I did need that cold coffee with whipped cream :P )
Back home, with Allie reaching knee-height and pulling everything she can reach out of the cupboard, I franctically started pulling things to add to the mess Allie had created, much to her pleasure... Still no sign of the 'mangalsutra'. In complete panic mode, I call the husband...who (on his way to catch up with friends) also starts getting a l'il worked up (After all, he was the one that shelled out the moolah for that a couple of years ago, and saw me wear just a couple of times)
Now, me remembers a friend who told me she and her family usually intercede to Saint Anthony whenever they misplace or lose things. A non-believer in it myself, I anyway decided to give it a go...I mean, how could it hurt???
I find the short, sweet and quirky l'il prayer as follows...
"Tony, Tony,
look around..
Something's lost
And must be found"
Well, that seems too easy, I said, wondering why I hadn't come across this before.
Back to the cupboard I go, rechecking every place I'd thought was a 'safe' place for my precious 'mangalsutra'...no sign...
Then, i check for it in the least likeliest place (which I had kinda skimmed through the first time round)..and to my eternal gratitude to St. Anthony, I found it!
Who would've thought that a small lil 'quirky' prayer I'd find and say with utmost belief, and a tad too much desperation, would really really work miraculously?
As the title says, Saints...(in this case, St.Anthony)...be Praised!
So, one mug of my favorite brew down, feeling more or less a human (hopefully looking like one, too), I decided it's time to look at what I'd need to take with me on my first 'vacation' since Allie..
And, WHAM! (In hindsight, had this happened before I had my coffee, I think the strong cuppa would have taken a back-seat) I realize that my 'seldom worn' wedding necklace (mangalsutra) is missing!! I couldn't for the life of me recall where I'd stashed it (the supposedly 'new' hiding place I'd surely remember!!) I checked in all the places that could've been the new 'safe' place, to no avail.
Convincing myself there was no need to panic (yet!) I tried to carry on with my promised visit to my parents' house, then to get some shopping in and then another cup of coffee (by now I was quite worked up, so I did need that cold coffee with whipped cream :P )
Back home, with Allie reaching knee-height and pulling everything she can reach out of the cupboard, I franctically started pulling things to add to the mess Allie had created, much to her pleasure... Still no sign of the 'mangalsutra'. In complete panic mode, I call the husband...who (on his way to catch up with friends) also starts getting a l'il worked up (After all, he was the one that shelled out the moolah for that a couple of years ago, and saw me wear just a couple of times)
Now, me remembers a friend who told me she and her family usually intercede to Saint Anthony whenever they misplace or lose things. A non-believer in it myself, I anyway decided to give it a go...I mean, how could it hurt???
I find the short, sweet and quirky l'il prayer as follows...
"Tony, Tony,
look around..
Something's lost
And must be found"
Well, that seems too easy, I said, wondering why I hadn't come across this before.
Back to the cupboard I go, rechecking every place I'd thought was a 'safe' place for my precious 'mangalsutra'...no sign...
Then, i check for it in the least likeliest place (which I had kinda skimmed through the first time round)..and to my eternal gratitude to St. Anthony, I found it!
Who would've thought that a small lil 'quirky' prayer I'd find and say with utmost belief, and a tad too much desperation, would really really work miraculously?
As the title says, Saints...(in this case, St.Anthony)...be Praised!
0 comments:
Post a Comment