Sunday, October 14, 2012

Questions time: Answers anyone?

Last week, I couldn't go attend mass because of a toddler who fell asleep 30 minutes before it was time to leave. Today, I just didn't feel I was in the right frame of mind to go attend mass.

My question...does missing one Sunday mass voluntarily because I don't think I would be able to dedicate one whole hour (and abt 15-20 minutes more) of total concentration to the Almighty make me a bigger 'sinner' than going for mass and not paying attention for even a single minute because of the various thoughts churning inside me, the various questions I have that need some answers right NOW?

Is it not enough to have faith, to hold on tight to that faith, to have my direct communication with God, one-on-one, just this once, instead of being part of the community that prays together? Is it not enough to spend a few minutes in complete concentration and try to find answers to what ails me in the silence of my heart, in the privacy of my home, in complete faith, invoking the trinity rather than be with a group of people, praying in unity, yes, but still alone? Still lonely? Still filled with questions and a void?

0 comments:

Post a Comment